A: Ethnographic Monographs
- Shapeshifters: Black girls and the choreography of citizenship. Cox, Aimee Meredith. Duke University Press, 2015.
- Sidewalk. Duneier, Mitchell, and Ovie Carter. Macmillan, 1999.
- Gangsters without borders: An ethnography of a Salvadoran street gang. Ward, Thomas W. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Dangerous or Endangered?: Race and the politics of youth in urban America. Tilton, Jennifer. NYU Press, 2010.
- Norman Street: Poverty and politics in an urban neighborhood. Susser, Ida. Oxford University Press, 2012. (a little boring…but the new introduction is worthwhile).
- Neil Smith??
- Markets of Sorrow, Labors of Faith, Adams, Vicanne. New ORleans post Katrina, neoliberalism and the restructuring of disaster relief.
- Turf Wars: Discourse, Diversity, and the Politics of Place
- Capital City – Sam Stein (activist anthropologist): How planners see the city. Real Estate profits globally, are they actually wealth managers?
- The Death and Life of Great American Cities, Jane Jacobs
- Setha Low. Gated Communities
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, The case for reparations
- David Harvey, Right to the City
- Michelle Boyd, The Downside of Racial Uplift
- Melissa Checker, Wiped out by the Greenwave